J. Patrick Lowe
Strand Capital Group / Oceana Resorts
After graduating from Virginia Tech in 1990 with a B.S. in Finance and Accounting, Mr. Lowe obtained a NASD Series 7 and Series 63 license and joined F.N. Wolfe & Company as a Registered Securities Representative. Mr. Lowe’s experience and contacts next led him to accept an opportunity with International Business Machines as a New Business Account Representative. Mr. Lowe’s other key business experience includes managing human resource systems applications for a 3,000-employee company operating in 30 states across the U.S. known as Trader Publishing Company. Prior to joining Strand Capital Group Mr. Lowe honed his project management and financial analysis skills at Signet Bank of Richmond, VA as an Assistant Vice President and at Crestar Bank also of Richmond, VA as a Vice President of Corporate Finance.
In 2001, Mr. Lowe joined business partner Loyd Daniel in Myrtle Beach to form Strand Capital Group bringing with him extensive project management, corporate finance, accounting, human resources and information systems experience to the new venture. Mr. Lowe was a key contributor to many aspects of Strand’s foundation and growth in becoming the premier real estate development and resort management firm along the Grand Strand of South Carolina. In 2001, Mr. Lowe and Mr. Daniel formed the Patricia Resorts management company. Due to its rapid growth, Patricia Resorts began doing business as Oceana Resorts in 2007.
Mr. Lowe’s real estate development and construction project management experience with Strand Capital began with the highly successful Bay Watch Resort and Conference Center. The third and final phase of this $90 million 523-condominium unit oceanfront high-rise development was completed in the summer of 2003. This all-inclusive resort features two oceanfront restaurants, a full-service convention center, over 600 lineal feet of pool decking and water features, and an oceanfront tiki-bar. In addition to Bay Watch, Mr. Lowe successfully managed the Best Western Carolinian Beach Resort hotel renovation and expansion featuring 129 new oceanfront condominium units valued in excess of $26 million in 2003. At the completion of the Best Western Carolinian project Mr. Lowe assumed management of the Bluegreen Carolina Grande development. This 118-unit timeshare project featured substantial public right-of-way improvements and utility relocations. This project reached substantial completion in November of 2005.
In 2006 Mr. Lowe managed the completion of 108 waterfront condominiums known as Harbourgate Resort and Marina. In 2007, Mr. Lowe managed the development of Strand Capital’s largest single tower and most luxurious offering the firm has brought to the marketplace to date with the completion of the $150 million Anderson Ocean Club.
In addition to construction and operations management Mr. Lowe is a key contributor to all aspects of project planning and implementation including zoning, public hearings and presentations, interaction with municipal employees, design of sales and marketing materials, crafting of horizontal property regime documents, financial modeling, cash management, and frequently serves as a liaison to financial institutions, architectural firms, and law firms.
In 2007, Mr. Lowe assisted Strand Capital in forming an insurance captive in order to better manage risk and costs associated with the Strand Capital portfolio of real estate assets.
In 2011, Mr. Lowe served on the development team welcoming the Hilton Grand Vacation Club at the Anderson Ocean Club in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Additional Offices / Positions Held:
· Oceana Resorts Board of Directors
· Owner / Broker-in-Charge CENTURY 21 Strand Group
· Licensed South Carolina Real Estate Broker-in-Charge
· Coastal Carolina Association of Realtors
· South Carolina Association of Realtors
· National Association of Realtors
· Anderson Ocean Club HOA Board of Directors
· Bay Watch Resort HOA Board of Directors
· Carolinian Resort HOA Board of Directors
· Harbourgate Resort HOA Board of Directors
· Ocean Park HOA Board of Directors
· Patricia Grand Resort HOA Board of Directors
· Sea Mist Tides & Driftwood HOA Board of Directors
· Harbourgate Yacht Club Board of Directors
· Prince Resort HOA Board of Directors
Current / Previous Franchise Affiliations
· Wyndham Resorts – served as developer for 500 unit oceanfront resort
· Bluegreen Resorts – served as developer for 118 unit resort
· Hilton Grand Vacations – served as developer of Hilton’s first timeshare resort in Myrtle Beach
· Best Western – Owner / operator of a 229 room oceanfront Best Western property
· CENTURY 21 – Owner / Broker in Charge of CENTURY 21 Strand Group